onsdag 1. september 2010

Leaving for New York!

Tomorrow me  and my husband are going on our last trip before the baby comes.


We are going to New York, our favorite city!

Today we are 29 weeks and it's not so long before we are holding our baby in our arms and we look forward to that. I do smile more often now, even my friends says so. You are finally smiling and ar showing everybody your feelings about the baby. And yes i am so happy and greateful for our surrogatemother S and Dr. Shivani and her team. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Last weekend I was on a trip to my two brothers to see if they had something cloths for the baby, one has not had the baby in the house for 18 years, but I found many cute clothes. If I think about it,  much of this fabric may be up to 30 years old! But after a little cleaning, they are as good as new.
The second of  my brothers has three grandchildren and there I got a bag of clothes for boy and a bag of clothes for girls. It is not easy when we don't know the gender of the baby, but that you know already!

It is moving slovlig forward with the baby's room. We will probably be finished until we travel to India, but I do not think it will be very long before. We really struggling to get hold of the Rock Star Baby furniture, so now we look for something else. I reckon we're going to check a little when we're in New York. I do like the American furniture to children's room. The Norwegian is so boring.

The days goes by with work and finding all the papers to be filled out in connection with leav from work  with pay in connection with childbirth. In Norway you can be gone for 9 months or 12 months and the father must take 2.5 months of this. We are not as lucky as Sweden, but seems in fact it is a very good deal. Of course it is not so easy with children born of surrogate, but I will get leave without pay, before I can begin my months of  leave with pay from my job.

Now it's time to pack and make me ready for the Big Apple.

Take care everyone

2 kommentarer:

  1. Have a safe and fun trip. Sorry we can't meet you here but I bet we'll meet in India next month! Best regards.

    SvarSlett
  2. You seems to have everything in control, at least the things you can control!! That´s good.

    Have a nice time in New York and enjoy your last days of "freedom".

    /Fredrik

    SvarSlett